Sunday, September 18, 2011

uh, the weekend . . .?

Sometimes I think that there is more to do on the weekend than during the week. Much of this has to do with being so involved in Church and therefore getting everything that others would do on both days done on Saturday. Not that this weekend was all that eventful. . .

Friday was reasonably busy. Gym, errands, lunch, school, nap for Q, clean, didn't cook dinner (yay!), bedtime. We did have some friends over for dessert and a great game of Rummycube. The friends who came over are expecting their first child at the beginning of the year. In a few ways they actually had the typical Mormon courtship experience. . . date a couple months, get engaged and get married a couple months later. For some reason it always makes me laugh to hear those stories. Maybe because it's so different from the way things happened with DH and I, but it seems sooooo crazy to marry someone that you've known less than a year and promise to be with them forever. Even growing up with this idea, it still seems a little nuts. . .But, everyone has their own plan. It was really fun to hang out and chat for most of the night. She and I have something in common, we both love shinny things! So when the guys were off talking about guy things, we were having a good time talking about all things shinny and expensive. I think a good time was had by all.

Saturday and Sunday always seem to blend together for me. More errands, playing with Q and L, trying to get them and us ready for Church on Sunday. The big highlight of the weekend would have to be sleeping in till 9 (9am!!!!) on Saturday morning. If you're a Mom you understand just how exciting this is. I did have to have a talk with L this morning about making tooooo much noise when he wants to get up and waking up Q in the process. After hearing "Mooommmyyy" about 150 times, at varying volumes, I decided it was time to go in there and have a talk about being quiet in the morning until he hears someone else awake. Hopefully he remembers this talk and I don't wake up to unnecessary noise anymore. I'm not holding my breath though.

Church was nice, I really love being in Young Womens and being part of the conversations that happen there. Although you would have to pay me many, many millions of dollars to go back and do it over again. I think being around the girls makes me feel like I'm not so far removed from being young (although the face in the mirror is starting to tell a different story ;).

As for the workouts, here we go.
Thursday: about 1hr 25min, 611cal
Friday: 1hr 6min, 718cal
Saturday, I went on a really good walk, but I didn't wear my monitor, walked pushing the stroller for about an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment