Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Full Body Rasberry for today

So the title pretty much describes my day. It started way too early, was way too crappy and I can't wait to go to bed and make it all go away.

I had a meeting this morning at 8:30 (8:30 am!!!!!). Not that I have a problem with meetings in general, it's just that when both kids are coming off being sick and it's picture day so I have to make sure they look good (not to mention trying not to look over worked and under slept), it's just a little too early for me. DH did warn me that he thought it was a bad idea for me to drag the kids to the meeting, but I wasn't about to ask someone to come over and watch my cranky kids. So we all went to the meeting and it was a totally miserable experience, I truly feel bad for NOT staying home. I'd say that for about 75% of the time we were there either one kid or both were crying, fussing or trying to pick a fight of some kind. For L, even the threat of losing all the fun things in his day (treats, fruit snacks, movie in the afternoon, etc.) didn't keep him out of trouble. Then again I should have seen the writing on the wall when L slept till after 7 and Q woke up fussing about needing apple juice. On the upside though, neither kid had a fever today!!!

Last weekend was on the whole pretty good, for a weekend when just about all the plans had to be either abandoned or changed. We picked up my mom, otherwise known as Baba K, from the train station on Thursday night and had grand plans of going to the zoo or one the museums on Friday. That was until L threw up all over this clothes, and then all over my car, that afternoon. The worst of it was that when he threw up in the car, I was stopped at a stop sign trying to comfort him when the guy behind me starts honking his horn! I think it took every ounce of self control I posses not to give the guy the one finger salute and inform him of just why I was stopped at the stop sign. The comforting though I did have was of someone else throwing up all over the nice leather of his Beamer. . .One can only hope. The whole reason for Baba K's visit was to see L in the Primary Program on Sunday and it looked like that whole plan was shot, until Sunday morning. Being the strange person that my mom is, she got up at about 5:30am go for a walk, when she got home at about 6:30am, Liam was standing in his doorway wanting to play with her. And play they did! When I got up, at a more sane time, she informed me that she thought Liam was back to normal. After talking with him for about 5 min I realized that she was totally right and our plan for the Primary Program was back on! He did a great job in the Program, to spite missing the last practice. He sang along with most of the song, even doing some of the sign language, and he said his part (with some help) and I think everyone could understand it.

As Baba V told me on the phone tonight, "I hope that things are better tomorrow". Judging by the fact that I don't have any meetings tomorrow and don't have to be anywhere in the morning, we can already count things on the positive side.

No comments:

Post a Comment