Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2 and a little too much CNN

So I think I'm starting to detox from all the sugar that I've been dumping into my system. Needless to say, I don't really feel good right now. Headache and slight nausea are kind of uncomfortable, but I have been able to stick to the program today. Because I've done this kind of detox before, I know that I'll probably feel a little worse tomorrow when my body realizes that No, I am not having hot chocolate with my breakfast and I am certainly not throwing a handful of M&M's into my purse to snack on later.
On the workout front I did really good today. I decided to take advantage of some of the features at the gym we go to and join their 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge. You get weighed in and get to talk to a trainer and a nutritionist if you so choose. I think they keep your weight confidential, at least I hope so (YIKES!). I will keep you guys posted with lbs lost, but, as any Lady will tell you, my weight is private or at least quiet.

So I'm not a terribly political person, but I do pay attention to whats going on in the world. I love to watch the news and it seems like almost everything I hear is about the election and the mud slinging that is being done by the GOP candidates. Don't get me wrong, I am not for any particular candidate. I did find something very interesting in the South Carolina primary. Many people who would probably consider themselves as part of the "moral majority" would rather vote for someone with questionable morals than a Mormon. I find that to be terribly hypocritical. I don't think that a persons religion should either qualify or disqualify a person. The clear facts tell me that Newt has no moral compass. Not a broken one, it just does not exist. We're talking about an admitted, serial adulterer, twice divorced who had to resign from his post as Speaker of the House under ethics violations charges. I was horrified when he said that people would consider him more "normal" because of his affairs, as opposed to Romney who has been married to the same woman for 30+ yrs. I don't think it's normal to stray from the person you promised to "love and cherish, forsaking all others". The records of the hearings surrounding those charges have never been released but it is widely known that he was the KING of backroom deals. I also find insane hypocrisy in him pointing the finger at others because of their economic status. By my standards, pretty much all the candidates are wealthy, and most of them have connections that helped them get where there are, including the former Speaker.
Right now I have no idea who I would vote for, just who don't want to see in office.

1 comment:

  1. i'm right with you on the "no moral compass" Newt. total sleaze.

    ReplyDelete